Submit your information
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Prepress Manager for a startup Label Packaging 40000 Sq Ft. facility in Cincinnati, OH.
This is a well-funded company led by two Private Equity Managers with strong Label and packaging backgrounds. The company is equipped to produce high-end wine labels (all critical color) and other product offerings. The position requires a very hands-on Manager with in-depth labels experience, strong in ESKO automation workflows, and capable of building a prepress team from the ground up.
- Continually increase the efficiency of ESKO, HP Indigo/Print OS, and MIS (LabelTraxx).
- Help research and integrate graphics software and hardware for new products.
- Advise sales and customer service staff and clients on alternative graphic options based on the project artwork, material selection, and technology(s).
- Prepare client graphic files for optimum proofing and production results.
- Work with Indigo team lead to reduce the average number of colors used, focusing on larger orders.
- Fill in the natural IT “gaps” between the IT group and department needs.
- As a manager, ensure the safety of all employees, including the safe use of equipment.
- Create a formal training skills matrix of best practice methods and a progression calendar for each graphics person.
- Lead by example with a professional, positive approach aligned with corporate values.
- Oversee the graphics team’s responsibility for purchasing cutting dies, embossing, and foiling dies, Flexo plates, graphics hardware and software, laser printing consumables, etc.
- Enhance and formalize the department graphics SOPs for training.
- Cultivate healthy supplier relationships while holding suppliers accountable for their performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of Printing Industry experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, ESKO, Adobe Suite, IT networking concepts, and HP Indigo workflows.
- Ideally, experience with shrink sleeve and PS label production and with graphics embellishments such as foiling, embossing, and spot varnishing.
- Ability to articulate clearly, persuasively, and passionately in the spoken and written word.
- College-level math, including statistical analysis.
- Ability to make logical, fact-driven decision-making, reading and analyzing production and productivity documents.
- Supervisory and leadership abilities, including leading and developing others, relating to people at all levels of the organization, and encouraging teamwork and mutual respect.
The base salary for this position is in the $85K to $100K range, dependent on ability, experience, and benefits, including relocation assistance. Please call or email Arnie Kahn, President, (716) 866-9661 or email [email protected] for details. All information is kept in strict confidence.